Masterclass: Handpainted Buttercream Floral Cake
In this 4.5 hour masterclass, you will learn how to paint your own buttercream flower cake using fluffy Italian meringue buttercream. In this class, Chef Amber will be showing techniques to coat your own cake to receive a buttercream painting. Next, she will be demonstrating how to make your own Italian meringue buttercream suitable for painting. Chef Amber will also discuss about how to create beautiful cohesive color palette and where is gets her inspiration from as well as how to get beautiful intense colors.
Next, you will learn how to paint using a trial testing board before working on your actual cake. This is to ensure you are able to build confidence before starting on your actual project. In the final part of the class you will paint the cake in the cake which you coated and bring your master piece home.
Please note that we will be conducting the class in different colors every single time - Chef's Choice.
What you will learn:
- How to prepare your own cake to receive buttercream painting, straight edge cake coating (Hands on)
- How to make stable Italian meringue buttercream (chef demo)
- Color toning and color palette selection (Chef Demo)
- How to paint your own cake using buttercream (Hands-on)
- How to control buttercream strokes using palette knife (hands-on)
What you will bring home:
- A set of notes and flower template designed by Chef Amber for your future use
- Recipes taught in class which includes Italian meringue buttercream for cake coating and flower painting, basic vanilla cake recipe
All tools and ingredients are included in the class curriculum for class use only.
Please note that the picture on our website is for illustration purpose only and the colors of the cake done during class might be different based on trends and seasonality.
Kindly note that there are no lunch break for this class.
By signing up for our masterclass you are agreeing to the following policy.
a. Once booked, you are allowed to change the class date once if you were to inform our team a minimum of 5 days before the class commencement.
b. You are allowed to transfer the class to another person if you are unable to make it for the class.
c. No-shows for class is considered as forfeited, however you will still be entitled for the recipe if you were to collect it in person within 1 week of forfeiting the class. We will not send the recipe in soft copy.
d. In the unlikely event when the class is cancelled due to lack of participants, sick instructor or force majure, you can select to either get back the class in full refund or transfer to your next convenient date.